Sunday, April 20, 2014

Homepage

Hi everyone, my name is Bryce Delay and I am a student who will be graduating next semester with an undergraduate degree in sociology. My friends think I’m mad for going into this field. They’re worried I’ll be changing adult diapers and wiping drool for the next 10 years. I usually say they’ve given me plenty of experience. I was a member of a Fraternity, you see. 
I am employed by a small office here in Moscow called Inclusion North. I do Residential Habilitation and go through programs with a few clients. I also work at the student newspaper The Argonaut. I’m excited to progress in the field i’m working in and I would like to see myself someday as an owner of my own business which provides Residential Habilitation programs and other adult services.
I think that sociology is essential if people want to understand human nature, crime, or someone’s motivation and that is why I am drawn to it. I think sociology is over all a compassionate field of science. We being the busily, befuddled humans we are, over look plenty of things in this world and sociologists provide the theories which disrupt our harmful habits and misguided beliefs.

My Blog discusses two topics which are covered in the book Social Gerontology: A Multidisciplinary Perspective. My first post states that I will be talking about structural lag and multigenerational families. I’ve changed my topics since then because I did not find research that interested me. Instead, I’ve changed the focus of this blog to Foster Grandparent Programs and the Eden Alternative. These two both interest me in that they provide a way for senior citizens to remain active in their community and homes. After reading the articles, it is clear that incorporating these into a senior’s lifestyle betters their life and creates a positive image of aging for younger generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment